The following are up to date grants and opportunities available for local businesses, not for profit organizations and other interested parties. If you need further information on any of the below, please contact Economic Development for assistance by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Red Deer Manufacturing Cohort of the Trade Accelerator Program – FREE on April 25-26 & May 2
Open to all manufacturing & manufacturing support service companies in Alberta! The Trade Accelerator Program is designed to provide the tools, connections and knowledge needed to take businesses into new markets.
- Agri-Food Innovation Expo – June 6-8 at Westerner Park in Red Deer
Don’t miss out on this event that will bring agri-food innovators together to share ideas, and learn how to build or expand their businesses within the rapidly growing Agri-Food sector. Tickets go on sale April 24!
- Central Alberta Business Summit – Hosted by Red Deer & District Chamber, June 6
This event looks to explore the future of business in Red Deer and region, providing a unique opportunity to learn from some of the most prominent business leaders and thinkers while challenging local community to raise the bar.
- Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) – Program Applications Opened on April 3
Various cost-shared grant programs for Alberta producers, farmers, ranchers, processors and organizations. Register Here to attend an info webinar on April 25 on eligibility and programs overview.
- Agriculture Labour Grant Programs – Applications open now for projects that will be completed by Feb 2024
These grants available through Ag for Life support producers & processors to increase awareness of jobs in Ag & Agri-Food and also provide HR training to enhance worker retention.
- Alberta Economic Dashboard – New hub for economic data and insights
- Emissions Reduction Alberta: Reshaping Energy Systems - June 15 Application Deadline
This $50M funding competition is exploring energy transport and distribution technology, energy storage, digital solutions for energy management, demonstrating net-zero and net-zero ready buildings, low-emission vehicle infrastructure and fleets, and more. Register Here for an info webinar on Apr 24 at 2 pm
- Inventures 2023 Conference – May 31 – June 2 in Calgary
Join the best and brightest in global innovation for three days of learning, inspiration and creative collisions. Register HERE with the code 23INVCARIN299 to receive a discounted rate of $299
- Reimagining Rural Economic Development Conference – Oct 25 & 26 in Camrose
Hosted by the Alberta Centre for Sustainable Rural Communities and designed for elected officials, economic development officers and community builders. Early bird registration of $200 available until June 30.
- CanExport SMEs Funding – Applications for 2023-24 projects opened on April 1st
Access up to $50K to assist with international market development activities. Program will cover up to 50% of costs for export marketing of products and services in international markets where business has little or no sales.
- The Importance of Paid Digital Advertising – FREE webinars by Digital Main St, sessions on May 2 or June 13
Advertising in the digital space can be complicated, especially with different ad formats, multiple platforms, budgeting, and running your own business! If you are not sure where to begin, or are confused on what kind of ad to run, this session is for you!
- Rotary AB Youth Entrepreneurship Camp – Open to & FREE for applicants from Lacombe & south, Application Deadline is May 15
This camp, from Aug 13 – 19, lets young entrepreneurs learn the basics of business start up, market research, advertising, and business plan development, along with recreational activities.
- Older Adult Employment Strategy
The Golden Circle Resource Centre and the Red Deer & District Chamber have partnered to increase the opportunity and accessibility of employment for adults over 55. Older adults and employers in Central Alberta are asked to provide input between Apr 6 – June 15 via a project survey or attend a Focus Groups for Adults Over 55 on (Apr 26 or May 23) or a Focus Group for Central Alberta Employers (May 15 or June 5)